I read online reviews of TrackMania, and picked 8 funny, good or generally interesting quotes for you to enjoy:
“In the game you basically either race, or build levels.”
– Andreas Misund Berntsen from GamersHell.com makes TrackMania sound so simple in his review.
“If you want to test the track, you have to leave editor mode, start the race, sit through the intro (which consists of the same guitar lick and cinematic camera zoom every time), find where the track doesn't work, leave race mode, then you're back.”
– Tom McNamara (IGN.com) on the TM Original editor. Apparently, the game has developed some since back then.
“TrackMania cars can't touch each other.”
– John Walker from Eurogamer.net, reviewing TMNF.
”It's an interesting attempt, but traditional fan sites, as opposed to these mini-sites are far more useful.”
– IGN.com’s Cam Shea, in his review of TMU, talks about Nadeo’s attempt at integrating the community into the game using ManiaLink.
“Water hazards are about as common on a TrackMania United track as they are on a golf course.”
– Yahoo Games either just made me hate TrackMania, or love golf.
“A big part of United's entertainment value lies in spending hours tweaking every detail of your custom maps until your OCD temporarily abates.”
– Eric Neigher (1up.com). Recognize this, anyone?
– John Walker on what’s good about TMNF, once again from his review of the game. The final verdict was – surprise! – 9/10.
“It’s free, it’s awesome and it’s free!”
– Matt Brett reviews TMN, and seems to have his priorities at the same place as John.